The run-up to Halloween offers a perfect opportunity for retailers and bar managers to inspire sales and create supernatural sips for their adult consumers. A few ideas to showcase sprints are offered in advance, scaring up tastes and sales.
Sailor Jerry Candy Apple
- 2 parts Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 8 parts warm (real) apple cider
- Stir ingredients. Garnish with Cinnamon stick.
- Serve in desired tempered after dinner glassware.
Pumpkin Ginger Shandy
- 1½ parts Toasted Walnut-Infused Drambuie
- ½ part Monkey Shoulder Scotch
- ¼ part Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Fresh Ginger
- 4-5 parts Pumpkin Ale
- Garnish with Skewered Candied Ginger. Serve in long glass.
- Toasted Walnut-Infused Drambuie: Toast nuts over medium heat until browned and you can easily smell toasted aroma. For every 1 part of Drambuie add 1/2 part of Toasted nuts. Let infuse in airtight container for 24 hours. Strain and reserve for use.
Dark & Stormy (Cocktail)
- 4 oz. Gin
- 2 oz. Pomegranate Juice
- 1 Lemon
- 2 oz Simple Syrup
- Colored Raw Cane Sugar
- Combine gin, pomegranate juice and simple syrup in a large shaker, then add lemon juice. Shake in iced cocktail shaker for at least 30 seconds, then carefully pour the combined liquids into colored sugar-rimmed glasses in equal portions. For an added “stormy” effect, add a small cube of dry ice to each glass. Recipe courtesy of Let’s Eat Sonoma.
- Q Ginger Beer
- 3 mint leaves, muddled
- 1 ½ part Bluecoat Gin
- ¾ part lime juice
- ½ part ginger syrup
- Shaken and strained over ice. Top with Q Drinks Ginger Beer.
Bat’s Blood Martini
- 1 ½ oz. Skyy Pineapple Infusion
- ½ oz. Canton Ginger Liqueur
- 1 ½ oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1 ½ oz. Pomegranate Juice
- Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with pineapple clip. Recipe courtesy of Southern Glazer’s.
- 1 oz KAS Krupnikas Buckwheat Honey
- 1 oz of Campari
- 2 oz blood orange juice
- Club soda
Shake KAS, Campari, blood orange juice on ice and strain into glass with ice. Top with club soda and garnish with blood orange wheel.