October 28, 2021
From the Office of M. Caitlin S. Anderson
Liquor Control Division Director
RE: Alcoholic Beverage Donation Portal
All non-profit, non-commercial, and charitable 501(c)(3) organizations are required by law to obtain a temporary liquor permit when sponsoring or holding an event during which the service, sale, or tasting of donated alcoholic beverages will occur.
Additionally, according to Connecticut Regulations § 30-6-A41, commercial and for-profit licensees wishing to donate alcoholic beverages to such events must notify the Department of the intended donation.
To provide a standardized, efficient, and responsive donation request process, we have created an online donation portal that is accessed through your current e-License credential account. Utilizing our online process will expedite the review and acknowledgment of your request. Emailed, mailed, or faxed letters will no longer be accepted.
Steps to complete the liquor donation process:
1. Go to https://elicense.ct.gov
2. Log into your active credential’s account with your existing user ID and password.
3. Once logged in, scroll down to “More Online Services,” then click “License Maintenance.”
4. Select the credential making the donation and click “Start.”
5. From the drop-down menu, select “Liquor Donation” and complete the submittal process.
6. Once the donation request is submitted properly, you will receive an immediate email from the Department acknowledging the donation. Upon receipt of the email, your notification is complete, and you may donate the product as described.
Please note that liquor donations will not be allowed or accepted unless the sponsoring organization holds an active temporary liquor permit. Donation requests may not be made until the temporary permit is approved by the Department.
Frequently answered questions, instructions, and other procedural information for charitable, non-profit, and non-commercial organizations about temporary liquor permits can be accessed on the Department’s webpage:
If you have any questions on this new process, please contact the Liquor Control Division by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone: (860) 713-6200, or by fax: (860) 706-1208.
The Department of Consumer Protection, through the State Liquor Control Commission, oversees all sales of liquor in the State of Connecticut. 450 Columbus Boulevard, Suite 901, Hartford, CT, 06103. Visit the Liquor Control Division website www.ct.gov/dcp .